* eliminate blank page.
@ 2013-03-30 18:02 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-03-30 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK I am trying to be a good boy and use \component instead of
\input in MKIV but my problem persists. I have a file called title.tex
which should be followed on the next page (title verso) by the file
copy.tex. but a blank page occurs between the two. Here is title.tex:

\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
\vskip .75in
\midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf Inkscape}
\vskip .30in
\midaligned{\tfc\ss\bf for}
\vskip .30in
\midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf  Book Cover Design}
\vfil
\midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf Open Source Solutions}
\vskip .40in
\midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf \authorname}
\vskip .30in
\midaligned{\bf \publisher}
\stopstandardmakeup
--------------------------------
And here is copy.tex:
----------------------------

\startstandardmakeup[page=no]
{\bf \booktitle}
{\obeylines
Copyright \copyright\ 2013 \authorname

All rights reserved.
\ISBN
\vfil
\publisher
\street
\citystatezip
}

 \stopstandardmakeup
-------------------------------

I have tried \inputting the files and calling the files with
\component. Can't get the blank page in between to disappear.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

* Re: eliminate blank page.
@ 2013-03-30 18:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-03-30 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.03.2013 um 19:02 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:

> OK I am trying to be a good boy and use \component instead of
> \input in MKIV but my problem persists. I have a file called title.tex
> which should be followed on the next page (title verso) by the file
> copy.tex. but a blank page occurs between the two. Here is title.tex:

> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
> \vskip .75in
> \midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf Inkscape}
> \vskip .30in
> \midaligned{\tfc\ss\bf for}
> \vskip .30in
> \midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf  Book Cover Design}
> \vfil
> \midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf Open Source Solutions}
> \vskip .40in
> \midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf \authorname}
> \vskip .30in
> \midaligned{\bf \publisher}
> \stopstandardmakeup
> --------------------------------
> And here is copy.tex:
> ----------------------------
>
> \startstandardmakeup[page=no]
> {\bf \booktitle}
> {\obeylines
> Copyright \copyright\ 2013 \authorname
>
> All rights reserved.
> \ISBN
> \vfil
> \publisher
> \street
> \citystatezip
> }
>
> \stopstandardmakeup
> -------------------------------
>
> I have tried \inputting the files and calling the files with
> \component. Can't get the blank page in between to disappear.

Add this line to your environment file:

\setupmakeup[standard][page=] % default: page=right

This line is necessary because standardmakeup block do force a right page by default.

Wolfgang

* Re: eliminate blank page.
@ 2013-03-30 21:09   ` john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-03-30 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:09:39 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 30.03.2013 um 19:02 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:
>
> > OK I am trying to be a good boy and use \component instead of
> > \input in MKIV but my problem persists. I have a file called
> > title.tex which should be followed on the next page (title verso)
> > by the file copy.tex. but a blank page occurs between the two. Here
> > is title.tex:

> > \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
> > \vskip .75in
> > \midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf Inkscape}
> > \vskip .30in
> > \midaligned{\tfc\ss\bf for}
> > \vskip .30in
> > \midaligned{\tfd\ss\bf  Book Cover Design}
> > \vfil
> > \midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf Open Source Solutions}
> > \vskip .40in
> > \midaligned{\tfb\ss\bf \authorname}
> > \vskip .30in
> > \midaligned{\bf \publisher}
> > \stopstandardmakeup
> > --------------------------------
> > And here is copy.tex:
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > \startstandardmakeup[page=no]
> > {\bf \booktitle}
> > {\obeylines
> > Copyright \copyright\ 2013 \authorname
> >
> > All rights reserved.
> > \ISBN
> > \vfil
> > \publisher
> > \street
> > \citystatezip
> > }
> >
> > \stopstandardmakeup
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > I have tried \inputting the files and calling the files with
> > \component. Can't get the blank page in between to disappear.
>

> Add this line to your environment file:
>
> \setupmakeup[standard][page=] % default: page=right
>
> This line is necessary because standardmakeup block do force a right
> page by default.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks. That works. The 2001 manual updated says on page 98 that
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no]
....the front
\stopstandardmakeup
\startstandardmakeup[page=no]
...the back
\stopstandardmakeup
should have eliminated the blank page. Hence my confusion.