On 2013–04–16 Hans Hagen wrote: > >Marco tries to do something like > > > > \define[3]\Test{#one#two#three} > > > >which doesn’t work. > > hm, ok, do \define is not mkvi then ... too messy to catch that one too No need to bother with that. I was just pointing out the differences between \def and \define for Tim. And named parameters is something \define can't do. It doesn't make sense to use named parameters with \define, since you explicitly pass the parameter *number* in brackets. You cannot refer to a number by name. Well, you could theoretically, but I'd strongly object. Marco