On 2013–04–16 Thomas A. Schmitz wrote: > I'm not lobbying for define to have something similar, I just want > to point out that it would be in the spirit of convergence between > ConTeXt and Lua. It certainly isn't an urgent need, but having > > \define[one,two,three] > > wouldn't be absurd, now would it? Sorry, misunderstanding on my part. That one looks fine. I thought we're talking about translating the number to words, which wouldn't make any sense: \define[3]\foo{#one, #two, #three} I still don't think it's necessary to use named parameters with \define. For modules most likely \def, \setvalue or texdefinition are being used and \define for in-document markup, wherefore numbered parameters are perfectly fine. The only thing that could be improved is a definition which doesn't interfere with \asciimode, but that's low priority and can easily be worked around. Marco