* Two Bibliography questions
@ 2013-04-16 16:38 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-04-16 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

For my bibliography I want to use the harvard style and the
author-date form of the \cite command. I am using the sample.bib
file for testing. I have progressed to the point where the bibiography
shows the contents of sample.bib properly formatted. But I still have a problem
with the printing of the actual citation. My \cite command looks
like:
\cite{Eijkhout1991}

but all that prints out is:

[1]

Ideally I would see:

(Eijkhout, 1991)

 What other adjustments do I need to make to correct this
printout of the citation in the text?

I already have the following in my preamble:

\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database={sample},sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=harvard]
\setupcite
       [authoryear]
       [pubsep={, },
        lastpubsep={ and },
        compress=yes,
        inbetween={ },
        left={(},
        right={)}]

Second question: If I wish to restrict the printed bibilography to only
those publications actually cited in the text with the \cite command or
the \nocite command what do I need to change?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

* Re: Two Bibliography questions
@ 2013-04-16 17:08 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-04-16 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:38:30 -0400
john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> For my bibliography I want to use the harvard style and the
> author-date form of the \cite command. I am using the sample.bib
> file for testing. I have progressed to the point where the bibiography
> shows the contents of sample.bib properly formatted. But I still have
> a problem with the printing of the actual citation. My \cite command
> looks like:
> \cite{Eijkhout1991}
>
> but all that prints out is:
>
> [1]
>
> Ideally I would see:
>
> (Eijkhout, 1991)
>
>  What other adjustments do I need to make to correct this
> printout of the citation in the text?
>
> I already have the following in my preamble:
>
> \usemodule[bib]
> \setupbibtex[database={sample},sort=author]
> \setuppublications[alternative=harvard]
> \setupcite
>        [authoryear]
>        [pubsep={, },
>         lastpubsep={ and },
>         compress=yes,
>         inbetween={ },
>         left={(},
>         right={)}]
>
> Second question: If I wish to restrict the printed bibilography to
> only those publications actually cited in the text with the \cite
> command or the \nocite command what do I need to change?

setuppublications [refcommand=authoryears,criterium=cite]

* Re: Two Bibliography questions
@ 2013-04-16 19:38   ` john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-04-16 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:08:34 +0200
Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:

> [refcommand=authoryears,criterium=cite]

Thanks! I found out that the criterium=cite parameter is put in the
\completepublications command that prints out the bibliography.
But your comment jogged my memory. Also, I used authoryear
command not authoryears in this particular document.

But with your help I got it right at last. And now, back to
writing the document!
--

@ 2013-04-18 13:44     ` john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2013-04-18 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:38:07 -0400
john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:08:34 +0200
> Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
>
> > [refcommand=authoryears,criterium=cite]

A further question: I want to include the ISBN in the biblio
entry. I find reference to the ISBN in the cont-ab.bst which
apparently is designed to work with Context. However when I use
the cont-ab alternative and add
an isbn in the sample.bib file it does not appear on the page,
e.g.:
@BOOK{Bah2011,
  title = {Inkscape: Guide to a Vector Drawing Program},
  publisher = {Prentice-Hall},
  year = {2011},
  author = {Tavmjong Bah},
  address = {Upper Saddle River, NJ},