* rotated placetable
@ 2013-04-20 11:59 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-04-20 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On October 1, 2010 Mojca asked about inserting a rotated page content
(landscape) in an otherwise portrait document, keeping the headers and
footers upright. The suggested solution was essentially
	\rotate [rotation=90] {\startTEXpage
	[width=\textheight,height=\textwidth]
	\stopTEXpage}

I would like to place a wide table rotated as above, keeping the page
headers and footers upright. In other words, I would like to do
something like
	\startplacetable [location=page,orientation=90,title=Table
	caption]
	\stopplacetable
That is, rotate the table contents *and its caption*, but not the page
header and footer.

Note that the following will indeed rotate the contents but not the
caption.
	\startplacetable [title=Table caption]
	\rotate [rotation=90] {\startTEXpage
	\stopTEXpage}
	\stopplacetable

Alan

* Re: rotated placetable
@ 2013-04-20 12:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-20 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.04.2013 um 13:59 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> On October 1, 2010 Mojca asked about inserting a rotated page content
> (landscape) in an otherwise portrait document, keeping the headers and
> footers upright. The suggested solution was essentially
> 	\rotate [rotation=90] {\startTEXpage
> 	[width=\textheight,height=\textwidth]
> 	\stopTEXpage}
>
> I would like to place a wide table rotated as above, keeping the page
> headers and footers upright. In other words, I would like to do
> something like
> 	\startplacetable [location=page,orientation=90,title=Table
> 	caption]
> 	\stopplacetable
> That is, rotate the table contents *and its caption*, but not the page
> header and footer.
>
> Note that the following will indeed rotate the contents but not the
> caption.
> 	\startplacetable [title=Table caption]
> 	\rotate [rotation=90] {\startTEXpage
> 	\stopTEXpage}
> 	\stopplacetable

\startplacetable[location={page,90},title=Table caption]
…
\stopplacetable

Wolfgang

* Re: rotated placetable
@ 2013-04-20 13:35   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-04-20 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:24:25 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> \startplacetable[location={page,90},title=Table caption]
> …
> \stopplacetable

Thank you Wolfgang!

I find it necessary to do the following:

\startplacetable [location={page,90},title=Table caption]
	\startTEXpage [width=\textheight]
	…
	\stopTEXpage
\stopplacetable

The \startTEXpage [width=\textheight] … \stopTEXpage
is necessary in order to get the content (table macros: \bTABLE
\eTABLE) to work correctly.

I had thought that it would have made sense to use "width=\textheight"
with \startplacetable, but this did not work.

Alan

* Re: rotated placetable
@ 2013-04-20 15:09     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-20 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.04.2013 um 15:35 schrieb Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 14:24:25 +0200
> Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> \startplacetable[location={page,90},title=Table caption]
>> …
>> \stopplacetable
>
> Thank you Wolfgang!
>
> I find it necessary to do the following:
>
> \startplacetable [location={page,90},title=Table caption]
> 	\startTEXpage [width=\textheight]
> 	…
> 	\stopTEXpage
> \stopplacetable
>
> The \startTEXpage [width=\textheight] … \stopTEXpage
> is necessary in order to get the content (table macros: \bTABLE
> \eTABLE) to work correctly.
>
> I had thought that it would have made sense to use "width=\textheight"
> with \startplacetable, but this did not work.

This is nonsense because \startTEXpage … \stopTEXpage is supposed to create
a standalone page on your document where you can control the width/height
of the page.

It’s hard to tell why you need this without a example but you can try to force
the table width with \bTABLE[textwidth=\textheight].

Wolfgang

* Re: rotated placetable
@ 2013-04-20 16:35       ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-04-20 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 17:09:45 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is nonsense because \startTEXpage … \stopTEXpage is supposed to
> create a standalone page on your document where you can control the
> width/height of the page.

It seemed to me to be a strange use of TEXpage, but I was just following
your own suggestion of Fri, 01 Oct 2010 09:13:39, see,
http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg49606.html
so nonsense indeed! :)

> It’s hard to tell why you need this without a example but you can try
> to force the table width with \bTABLE[textwidth=\textheight].

Indeed, this is the proper solution (and gives a better result). I had
tried "width=\textheight" but this set the width of *all* columns to
\textheight!

Thanks again!

Ala
--