On 2013–05–04 Zenlima wrote: > I want to display the lowest heading in the outer margin. But as soon > the simple text becomes a heading, a strange extra line appears on top > of the margin. > > In my minimum example below the first paragraph shows how it should look > like in the pdf-file; the second paragraph is with a heading in the > margin. > > Can anyone tell me, > > a) how to get rid of the unwanted extra vertical space? You can use a custom headalternative setup: \definesection [section-8] \definehead [myheader] [] [alternative=myheader, section=section-8] \defineheadalternative [myheader] [alternative=horizontal, renderingsetup=setup:myheader] \startsetups [setup:myheader] \inouter{\headtextcontent} \stopsetups \starttext \inouter{Hasselt makes headlines} \input tufte \myheader{Hasselt makes headlines} \input tufte \stoptext > b) Why is the line-break in the margin of the second paragraph > different than above? The margin box itself is positioned correctly, but I have no clue where the empty line comes from. You can visualise the box with: \setupmarginframed [inouter] [frame=on] Marco