From: Pavneet Arora <pavneet_arora@waroc.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Using \setupinterlinespace with \setuparranging[XY], and more
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:25:05 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks for the explanation, Wolfgang.

I am, however, getting some strange interline behaviour exhibited using
the \par approach.  In the MWE below the quoted text, which have both
approaches (\par and explicit \setinterlinespace outside the \framed)
listed, you will see with the \par approach that the text is aligned
slightly lower than middle (so not properly vertically centred), and the
spacing below the first line is larger than the subsequent lines.

Regards.

On 25Jun13, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 21.06.2013 um 22:27 schrieb Pavneet Arora <pavneet_arora@waroc.com>:
>
> > 3.  I cannot get interlinespacing to affect the line spacing even though
> > the baselineskip variable is changed as shown in the MWE.
>
> You have to add \par at the end of each paragraph, e.g. \framed{\definedfont[…]\setupinterlinespace …\par}
>
> Wolfgang

MWE:

\definepapersize
	[Label]
	[width=4in,height=3.33in]

\setuppapersize[Label][letter,portrait]

\setuppaper
	[topspace=0.4688in,
	backspace=0.1875in,
	dx=0.1875in,
	dy=0in,
	nx=2,
	ny=3]

\setuplayout
	[topspace=0in,
	backspace=0in,
	margin=0in,
	width=4in,
	height=3.33in,
	header=0in,
	footer=0in]

\setuparranging[XY]

\setupframedtexts
	[width=\textwidth,
	height=\textheight,
	frame=off,
	location=lohi,
	offset=0pt]

\setupframed
	[frame=off,
	width=\textwidth,
	height=\textheight,
	alignment=center]

\setuplayout[location=middle]

\definelayer
	[Label]
	[width=\paperwidth,
	height=\paperheight]

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[schola]
\setupbodyfont[rm,48pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=2.8ex]

\showframe

\starttext
\framed{Label 1}\page
\framed{\definedfont[Serif at 18pt]\setupinterlinespace A long description label that needs to be have its interline spacing adjusted.\par}\page
\setupbodyfont[rm,18pt]
\setupinterlinespace
\framed{Another long description label that seems to have proper interline spacing.}\page
\framed{Yet another long description label that seems to have proper interline spacing.}\page
Label 2\page
Label 3\page
Label 4\page
Label 5\page