Hi Luigi! ········· > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > > > > > while sumatrapdf > > > > - is pretty fast > > - has matured quite well > > - remembers the current page > > - renders quite ok > > - even supports some basic interactivity > > - (has an ugly yellow pop up windows but those can nowadays be recolored) > > - can be installed as portable application > > - works ok wine/linux (in fact has my preference now when on linux) > > > > I have to admit that I often think to a context pdf viewer, and mupdf > seems the right candidate. > Under ubuntu 64bit 12.04 xpdf doesn't work, acroreader is still 9 32 bit > (so I use wine acroreader 11) > evince is ok, probably also okular. > A context pdf viewer should be like sumatrapdf at least --- so in the end > I also installed sumatrapdf.exe under linux . > > Now that I have done a luatex binding for mupdf, > if we have a minimal GUI toolkit cross platform (but really minimal) > it's possible to build a pdfviewer in luatex If you’re serious about this, the Zathura guys have a separate interface library based on GTK [1]. Having some (any) Lua capability inside a pdf viewer would indeed be nice. Best, Philipp [1] .