On 2013–08–01 Aditya Mahajan wrote: > I think that the advice of omitting the file extension given in most > LaTeX introductions is more trouble than it is worth in ConTeXt. > Omitting file extensions is important if you are generating both dvi > and pdf outputs. In ConTeXt, one never uses the DVI output, so I > think that one should ALWAYS specify the file extension. That > removes a lot of headaches with the wrong file being sourced. I agree with you on that one. However, I think it's unexpected that files from the texmf-modules/doc directory are included by default. Hasn't it been made more strict some time ago? Why does this still work (or better: fail): %% \setupexternalfigures[location=default] \starttext \externalfigure[test] \stoptext Marco