On 2013–08–03 Michael Ash wrote: > I would like to bump my question back into the queue. Thank you for your > consideration. > > I would also like to add: where can I put files that I would like context > to "see". For example if I have a file "env_letter.tex" which I include > with \environment env_letter that includes a bunch of boilerplate, what is > a good directory to put it in? I don't use the PPA and I have no idea of how it updates the ConTeXt tree. It might be that it only updates when a new beta is released and not every time a third party module is updated, but I don't know for sure. first-setup pulls the modules from rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/modules/ But updating manually might confuse the package manager. A better solution if you need to update a module manually is to place it in a directory, e.g. $HOME/usr/share/texmf and point the environment variable TEXMFHOME to this directory. If you need to update a module without touching the installation, just copy the module (keep the TeX tree intact) to $TEXMFHOME. Check the log file to ensure that the correct files are being used. Marco