Hi John! ········· > I have asked everywhere else to no avail. In (plain) luatex how do I > specify the small cap version of an otf font? I use context for > non-fiction but pdftex and now luatex for fiction. Plain uses a feature syntax similar to Xetex’s: \font \foo = "file:Iwona-Regular.otf:+smcp" \foo whatever \bye the expression after the second colon is the same as “smcp=yes” in Context. Multiple definitions are separated by semicola, e.g.: \font \foo = "file:Iwona-Regular.otf:+smcp;mode=base;+tlig" Best regards, Philipp