On 2013–08–19 Martin Moncrieffe wrote: > Hopefully, this is the correct list for this question. I'm trying > to typeset documents using the font Hoefler on MacOSX (10.8.4) > with ConTeXt 2013.05.28 from the TeXlive 2013 distribution. All > works, but unfortunately, em dashes are not typeset correctly; > there are three dashes instead of a continuous line. The font (at least my version) does not contain an em dash in slot U+2014. > I'm obviously missing something and would appreciate help in correcting this. It rather seems that not you, but the font is missing something. > A minimal example that produces the error is: > > \usetypescriptfile[osx] > \usetypescript[hoefler] > \setupbodyfont[hoefler,11pt] > > \starttext > > A test of Hoefler at 10 pt. The emdash--- does not work... > > \stoptext > > > files are compiled using "context myfile.tex" I get the same result here. However, if I compile with context --jit myfile.tex I get Latin Modern instead of Hoefler. From the log file: fonts > defining > font with asked name 'hoeflertext' is not found using lookup 'name' fonts > defining > unknown font 'hoeflertext', loading aborted fonts > defining > unable to define 'hoeflertext' as 'hoefler-12pt-rm-tf-0--0' The font is there: mtxrun --script fonts --list --all hoefler hoeflertext hoeflertext /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf hoeflertextnormal hoeflertext /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf hoeflertextregular hoeflertext /home/marco/.fonts/HoeflerText.otf Why does the font lookup differ between luatex and luajittex? Hoefler Version: OTF 1.0;PS 001.001;Core 116;AOCW 1.0 161 Marco