On 2013–08–24 Hans Hagen wrote: > Hard to say what is the issue but it is not a luajittex issue. We > don't do anything special, for instance jit is turned off because > there is no gain at all (actually with jit enabled, the run is > slower). I can confirm that. I did not find a real-world document which compiled faster with jit. Using the virtual machine provides between 8% and 25% speed gain here. > There is however one difference and that is the compiled lua code: > lua and luajit have incompatible formats (apart from the fact that > luatex is 5.2 and luajittex is 5.1++). Normally compilation happens > automatically i.e. when a font is loaded by luatex, context will > generate the relevant compiled file when luajittex is used. > > One possibility is that there is some mismatch in version numbers > that gets unnoticed. Let me know if I can provide any additional info. > In such case, as Aditya suggests, wiping the cache is an option. That helped, indeed. Marco