On 2013–08–24 Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > You missed in the typescript the features setting for the main and also the fallback font. I did, indeed. However, I'm unsure how to do it (I never needed to typeset Cyrillic and I can't even tell if it typesets correctly). The default features should be applied to the regular font and a special feature set to the fallback font. If I add the features=default in the font synonym definition, the fallback breaks. It works, if the star syntax is being used. I don't quite understand why. %% not sure which features are required for Cyrillic \definefontfeature [cyr-default] [mode=node, script=cyrl] \definefontfallback [cyrillic_regular] [name:dejavuserif*cyr-default] [cyrillic] \starttypescript [serif] [schola] %% works %% \definefontsynonym [Serif] [name:texgyreschola-regular*default] [fallbacks=cyrillic_regular] %% fallback does not work \definefontsynonym [Serif] [name:texgyreschola-regular] [features=default, fallbacks=cyrillic_regular] \stoptypescript \starttypescript [schola] \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [schola] [default] \stoptypescript \setupbodyfont [schola] \starttext \input knuth Традиционная систематика лишайников оказывается во многом условна и \stoptext Marco