From: Tomas Hala <thala@pef.mendelu.cz>
Subject: Re: Problem with units and problem with libraries
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 17:39:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

\definebodyfontenvironment works for the concrete fontsize, thanks, Wolfgang.
But - even if I read the short documentation at the ctx-garden - I am still
a bit confused, eg:

\text[4.61pt] works automatically but \text[4.651pt] not, only with the
defining command, similarly behave \text[0.75em] and \text[0.735em].
How the precisity has been defined? Two decimal places?

Scale points (this is only a theoretical topic) probably must be in some
way rounded (how?) because \definebodyfontenvironment with values from
500000sp to 500367sp gives the changed font size but with values 500368
and larger font size has been replaced by the default one.

The command \definebodyfontenvironment[0.5cc] enables \text[0.5cc] as well as
\text[6dd] (similarly 6pt and 0.5pc) which lives for our expectations whereas
\definebodyfontenvironment[1cm] enables \text[1cm] and \text[12mm].
I thougt that is related with 20% scale of larger size but it works only
with 10 and 12, 20 and 24, 30 and 36, etc, not with 10, 12 and 14.4.

%%

From the conceptual point of view, I would like to ask why the behaviour
was changed between TL2011 and TL2012. The older one seems to me more
user friendly. The related question is how user can activate other units
(or all font sizes of a unit, as a whole) by some simple way.
(My favourite units are cc and dd)

Best regards,

Tomas Hala

Wed, Sep 04, 2013 ve 07:13:53PM +0200 Wolfgang Schuster napsal(a):
#
# Am 04.09.2013 um 19:07 schrieb Tomas Hala <thala@pef.mendelu.cz>:
#
# > Hi all,
# >
# > recently I installed TeXlive 2013. In a document, I ran into the problem
# > with font sizes: only points and ems operates properly in contrast
# > to other units giving the basic (12pt) size.
#
# Add \definebodyfontenvironment[<fontsize>] for each size.
#
# Wolfgang

----------------------minimal example------------------------------
\starttext
\def\text[#1]{blah blah --- #1:  {\setupbodyfont[#1]blah blah}\par}

\text[0.5pc]
\text[8pt]
\text[0.7335em]
%\definebodyfontenvironment[4pc]