On 2013–09–10 R. Ermers wrote: > I have problems with the placement of floats. I need them to be > placed in the outer edge of the text, but Context puts them in the > middle of the page. The outer, inner, outeredge, inneredge, > commands do not work. Right and left do work. You probably confused edge and margin. By default the edge has zero width and has to be enabled using \setuplayout. > Preferably the criterium option should also work \setupexternalfigures [location=default] \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided] \definefloat [marginfigure] [marginfigures] [figure] \setupfloat [marginfigure] [default=margin, criterium=\marginwidth] \setupcaption [marginfigure] [number=no] \showframe \starttext \dorecurse{9}{%% \input knuth \startplacemarginfigure \externalfigure [cow] [width=\recurselevel cm] \stopplacemarginfigure} \stoptext Marco