On 2013–09–25 Otared Kavian wrote: > I have not yet tried it with references to maths formulas, > theorems, lemmas and such, Me neither. \ifsinglesided \strc_references_do_relative_else\plusone {\def\strc_references_smart_string{\labeltext\v!nextpage}} {\strc_references_do_relative_else\minusone > The issues I noticed are the following: > 1. Typesetting the file gives an error message when there is no > \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] A typo: \ifsinglesided \strc_references_do_relative_else\plusone {\def\strc_references_smart_string{\labeltext\v!nextpage}} - {\strc_references_do_relative\minusone + {\strc_references_do_relative_else\minusone > 2. In the above minimal example, when stating > \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] > then Test 2 and Test 3 do not result in the smart references > expected (they both result in « See figure 1 and figure 3. » while > Test 2 should give « See figure 1 and figure 3 on next page. », > and Test 3 should result in « See figure 1 on previous page and > figure 3. »). That's on purpose. If the graphic appears on the same double page, it is visible and no further reference is printed. In traditional typesetting a single page is rather insignificant. The reader is always faced with double pages, never single pages. > Thanks again for sharing your module. Well, it wasn't meant to be a module. I rather intended to start a discussion and threw some code in to start with. If there's interest I can make it a module. Thanks for the feedback. Marco