On 2013–09–25 Otared Kavian wrote: > Also after applying your patch everything works as expected. I > tested your file with some maths formulas and changed even the > language to French with: > > \unprotect > \setuplabeltext > [\s!fr] > [\v!atpage=page\nobreakspace, %% “at page” sounds weird Redefining atpage should not be necessary, it is already defined in the core as “à la page”. @native speakers: Is it “on page 3” or “at page 3”? I think “at page” sounds weird. Either I remove my redefinition or it should be corrected in the core. > However maybe it would be better to have some setup options like: > \setuplabeltext[smartref][atpage={page}, > previouspage={à la page précédente}, %or {page précédente} > nextpage={à la page suivante}] %or {page suivante} Label texts are a general context mechanism and are set per language, so all macros in all modules display consistent strings. > In case Hans is willing to add such capabilities to the cross > referencing, it would be great if one could setup the cross > references in the same way by saying for instance > \setupreferencing[alternative=smartref] > and then have \smartref be defined automatically. I'm not sure if that makes sense given the current commands. The referencing commands are not interchangeable, use different syntax and behave different. > A final remark concerns the possibility to visualize the reference > points when one is in the process of proof reading: at least in > maths, it is usual to have dozens of reference points to formulas, > lemmas, theorems, etc, and it is quite useful to be able to > visualize such things. I have in mind that such functionality exists. My guess that \setupversion[temporary] should do the job was unfortunately wrong. Marco