* bookmarks: frontpart, bodypart, etc. ???
@ 2013-11-07  9:00 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-11-07  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
\startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
\startappendices \stopappendices
\startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
This is VERY strange!

I am using:
\setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
\setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
\placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
                [part,chapter,title]

Alan

* Re: bookmarks: frontpart, bodypart, etc. ???
@ 2013-11-07 15:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-07 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/7/2013 10:00 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
> \startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
> \startappendices \stopappendices
> \startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
> ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
> This is VERY strange!
>
> I am using:
> \setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
> \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
> \placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
>                  [part,chapter,title]

the next beta will have

\setupbookmarks
   [sectionblock=yes]

(default=no)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-11-07 18:30 ` pol stra
From: pol stra @ 2013-11-07 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le jeudi 7 novembre 2013, 10:00:00 Alan BRASLAU a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
> \startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
> \startappendices \stopappendices
> \startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
> ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
> This is VERY strange!
>
> I am using:
> \setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
> \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
> \placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
>                 [part,chapter,title]
>

> Alan

This is because I asked for…

See the joined discussion.

You do not like it?

[-- Attachment #2: unnamed --]
[-- Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; name="unnamed", Size: 3482 bytes --]

Le lundi 4 novembre 2013, 20:11:25 Hans Hagen a écrit :
> On 10/21/2013 6:45 PM, pol stra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In my document, when I use a meta-structure, I only get "introduction"
> > and "content" bookmarks, while not using a meta-structure, I have my
> > part and chapter (which is the desired behaviour). How can I get the
> > same behaviour in both structures?
> > (by the way, how can I change the bookmarks of the table of contents, I
> > tried \completecontent[bookmark=mytitle] and \setupcombinedlist[mytitle]
> > without success).
> >
> > Thank you all
> >
> > Here is my sample code:
> >
> > \setupinteraction [state=start]
> >
> > \placebookmarks[part, chapter, section, title, subject][force=yes]
> >
> > \setupcombinedlist[content][
> >
> >      list={title, part, chapter, subject, subsubject, section,
> >      subsection},
> >      alternative=c]
> >
> > \setuphead[part][placehead=yes, bodypartlabel=part]
> >
> > \startmode[meta]
> >
> >      \startfrontmatter
> >
> >          \startchapter[title={Introduction}]
> >
> >              % \component c_introduction
> >              \stopchapter
> >
> >              \completecontent[criterium=all]
> >
> >      \stopfrontmatter
> >
> >      \startbodymatter
> >
> >          \startpart[title={part}]
> >
> >              \startchapter[title={chapter1}]
> >              \stopchapter
> >
> >          \stoppart
> >
> >      \stopbodymatter
> >
> > \stopmode
> >
> > \startmode[nonmeta]
> >
> >      \startchapter[title={Introduction}]
> >
> >          % \component c_introduction
> >          \stopchapter
> >
> >          \completecontent[criterium=all]
> >
> >      \startpart[title={part}]
> >
> >          \startchapter[title={chapter1}]
> >          \stopchapter
> >
> >      \stoppart
> >
> > \stopmode
>
> If you want to influence the bookmark title you should explicitly set if
> (and then not use \complete ... but \place...). Anyhow, I've added an
> extra level to the bookmarks where you can also set the block titles.
>
> \setupinteraction
>    [state=start]
>
> \placebookmarks
>    [part,chapter,section,title,subject]
>    [force=yes]
>
> \setupcombinedlist
>    [content]
>    [list={part,chapter,section,subsection},
>     alternative=c]
>
> \setuphead
>    [part]
>    [placehead=yes,
>     bodypartlabel=part]
>
> \starttext
>
>      \startfrontmatter[bookmark=A fancy title]
> [...]

Thank you for the job Hans!

* Re: bookmarks: frontpart, bodypart, etc. ???
@ 2013-11-07 19:13   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2013-11-07 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pol stra; +Cc: ntg-context

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:30:08 +0100
pol stra <ryzz@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Le jeudi 7 novembre 2013, 10:00:00 Alan BRASLAU a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
> > \startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
> > \startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
> > \startappendices \stopappendices
> > \startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
> > ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
> > This is VERY strange!
> >
> > I am using:
> > \setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
> > \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
> > \placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
> >                 [part,chapter,title]
> >

> > Alan
>
> This is because I asked for…
>
> See the joined discussion.
>
> You do not like it?

Not at all, and certainly NOT by default.

It seems that Hans has fixed this, adding an optional flag.

@ 2013-11-07 20:07   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2013-11-07 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:51:40 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 11/7/2013 10:00 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
> > \startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
> > \startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
> > \startappendices \stopappendices
> > \startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
> > ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
> > This is VERY strange!
> >
> > I am using:
> > \setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
> > \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
> > \placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
> >                  [part,chapter,title]
> >

> the next beta will have
>
> \setupbookmarks
>    [sectionblock=yes]
>
> (default=no)

Would it not be cleaner, rather, to have:
  \placebookmarks [sectionblock,part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
                  [sectionblock,part,chapter,title]
instead of a special setupbookmarks option?

Just a suggestion.

@ 2013-11-07 20:19     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-07 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/7/2013 9:07 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:51:40 +0100
> Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> On 11/7/2013 10:00 AM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The bookmark mechanism has changed in a very recent beta and now
>>> \startfrontmatter \stopfrontmatter
>>> \startbodymatter \stopbodymatter
>>> \startappendices \stopappendices
>>> \startbackmatter \stopbackmatter
>>> ALL now add bookmarks to the PDF document???
>>> This is VERY strange!
>>>
>>> I am using:
>>> \setupinteraction [state=start,option=bookmark]
>>> \setupinteractionscreen [option=bookmark]
>>> \placebookmarks [part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
>>>                   [part,chapter,title]
>>>

>> the next beta will have
>>
>> \setupbookmarks
>>     [sectionblock=yes]
>>
>> (default=no)
>
> Would it not be cleaner, rather, to have:
>    \placebookmarks [sectionblock,part,chapter,title,section,subsection]
>                    [sectionblock,part,chapter,title]
> instead of a special setupbookmarks option?
>
> Just a suggestion.

sectionblock is not in the category of part, chapter etc (ok, maybe
nowadays i would make it zero level but such a change is not on the
short term agenda)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE