On 2014–01–15 Joshua Krämer wrote: > I have found out that I had interpreted the problem wrongly. It is > not a problem of balancing, it is a problem of the layout macros. It's not a problem with the macros, it's a consequence of you using them the wrong way. > I use a different page layout for the titlepage and switch to the > main layout later. This switch is in the front matter part, which > results in the new layout being respected for one page only. > Somehow for subsequent pages, the layout is wrong. Here's a suggestion of how to set it up correctly. This also fixes the table. \definemakeup [Titlelayout] [top=] \definelayout [Titlelayout] [width=10cm, height=10cm, header=0cm, footer=0cm] \setuplayout [width=10cm, height=25cm, header=0cm, footer=0cm] \showframe \starttext \startfrontmatter \startmakeup [Titlelayout] Title \stopmakeup \stopfrontmatter \dorecurse{5}{\input{knuth}} \startplacetable [location=270] \setupTABLE [option=stretch, textwidth=\textheight] \bTABLE \bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \eTR \eTABLE \stopplacetable \dorecurse{5}{\input{knuth}} \stoptext Marco