* Comment after \startseparatedlist[...]
@ 2014-01-20 20:02 Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-01-20 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

Dear list,

if there is a comment after \startseparatedlist[...] from the database
module, context fails.  Thus, this example in the wiki doesn't work:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/M-database

Minimal example:

\usemodule[database]
\defineseparatedlist[Test]
[
	before=\bTABLE,
	after=\eTABLE,
	left=\bTD,
	right=\eTD,
	first=\bTR,
	last=\eTR
]

\starttext

\startTest % problematic comment
Eins, zwei, drei
\stopTest

\stoptext

Kind regards,
Joshua Krämer

* Re: Comment after \startseparatedlist[...]
@ 2014-01-20 22:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-01-20 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/20/2014 9:02 PM, Joshua Krämer wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> if there is a comment after \startseparatedlist[...] from the database
> module, context fails.  Thus, this example in the wiki doesn't work:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/M-database
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \usemodule[database]
> \defineseparatedlist[Test]
> [
> 	before=\bTABLE,
> 	after=\eTABLE,
> 	left=\bTD,
> 	right=\eTD,
> 	first=\bTR,
> 	last=\eTR
> ]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startTest % problematic comment
> Eins, zwei, drei
> \stopTest
>
> \stoptext

in fact you get:

\startTest Eins, zwei, drei
\stopTest

because of the comment and we ignore all till the end of the first line

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-01-21 14:39   ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-01-21 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

Am Mon, 20 Jan 2014 23:41:55 +0100
schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma-42P/b7yZOt0@public.gmane.org>:

> in fact you get:
>
> \startTest Eins, zwei, drei
> \stopTest
>
> because of the comment and we ignore all till the end of the first
> line

I still don't understand it.  This works:

\startTest Eins, zwei, drei \stopTest

This doesn't work (context stops with error):

\startTest %Test
Eins, zwei, drei \stopTest

It seems that context fails whenever there is a comment inside the
database listing (or database file).

I actually would like to read in a database file and skip the first
row, but because of this problem it doesn't work.

Kind regards,
Joshua

* Re: Comment after \startseparatedlist[...]
@ 2014-01-21 16:51     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-01-21 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/21/2014 3:39 PM, Joshua Krämer wrote:
> Am Mon, 20 Jan 2014 23:41:55 +0100
> schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
>
>> in fact you get:
>>
>> \startTest Eins, zwei, drei
>> \stopTest
>>
>> because of the comment and we ignore all till the end of the first
>> line
>
> I still don't understand it.  This works:
>
> \startTest Eins, zwei, drei \stopTest
>
> This doesn't work (context stops with error):
>
> \startTest %Test
> Eins, zwei, drei \stopTest
>
> It seems that context fails whenever there is a comment inside the
> database listing (or database file).
>
> I actually would like to read in a database file and skip the first
> row, but because of this problem it doesn't work.

has to do with catcode changes so % is no longer %

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-01-21 22:19         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-01-21 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can add “commentchar=\letterpercent” to your separatedlist definition which will make % the character for comments, the setups hack isn’t necessary.

Wolfgang

On 21.01.2014 23:13:25, Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer@gmail.com> wrote: Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:51:17 +0100
schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:

> has to do with catcode changes so % is no longer %

Thanks for the hint. I have tried to do it like that (from Mojca
Miklavec's "My Way"):

\usemodule[database]

\unprotect
\startsetups Data:unix
\catcode`\%=\@@comment
\stopsetups
\protect

\defineseparatedlist [Data]
[
separator=tab,
before=\bTABLE, after=\eTABLE,
first=\bTR, last=\eTR,
left=\bTD, right=\eTD,
setups=unix
]

\starttext

\startData
% time LG LG-SD HG HG-SD p
24 0.74 0.36 1.19 0.51 0.15
48 0.90 0.65 1.45 0.54 0.21
72 1.23 0.35 1.59 0.59 0.27
\stopData

\stoptext

... but still, context stops with an error. I have also tried to use
\# like in the My Way example without success.

Is this supposed to work?

@ 2014-01-21 22:25       ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-01-21 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

@ 2014-01-21 22:54           ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-01-21 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:19:43 +0100
schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:

> You can add “commentchar=\letterpercent” to your separatedlist
> definition which will make % the character for comments, the setups
> hack isn’t necessary.

Thank you, I have added it to the Wiki.

Kind regards,
Joshua Krämer