* unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua
@ 2014-02-27 11:08 Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2014-02-27 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi guys,

I haven't played with ConTeXt for three month because of my examinations. Today, I delete the old version and reinstall a new one from the ConTeXt garden, but it seems that the new one can't run successfully. It says that unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua. The error messages is the following:

mtxrun          | forcing cache reload
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/home/peng/texmf/web2c' from specification 'home:texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path '/usr/bin/' from specification 'selfautoloc:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/bin/share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoloc:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/bin/share/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoloc:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/bin/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoloc:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/bin/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoloc:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path '/usr/' from specification 'selfautodir:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautodir:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/share/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautodir:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautodir:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/usr/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautodir:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path './../texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/../texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path './' from specification 'selfautoparent:'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path './share/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/share/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path './share/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/share/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path './texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path './texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-contexts.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'mtx-t-contexts.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembered file 'mtx-t-context.lua'
resolvers       | resolving | using suffix based filetype 'lua'
resolvers       | resolving | remembering file 'context.lua'
mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Best wishes,
Tim

* Re: unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua
@ 2014-03-01 12:02 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2014-03-01 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

This may be a sign of an incorrect PATH, picking-up TeXlive or
a system installed context. One solution is to *source* the tex/setuptex
script, another is to set your PATH with tex/texmf-ARCH/bin up front.

Alan