* interword spacing
@ 2014-05-16  8:31 Trond Thorbjørnsen
From: Trond Thorbjørnsen @ 2014-05-16  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Is there a way to represent spaces explicitly with context, as described
here:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/21053/xelatex-and-missing-spaces-in-pdf-text

Certain fonts, for example Minion Pro, have small little interword spacing.
This is a problem for highlighting on Goodreader on ipad.

-Trond

* Re: interword spacing
@ 2014-05-16  9:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-05-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/16/2014 10:31 AM, Trond Thorbjørnsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to represent spaces explicitly with context, as described
> here:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/21053/xelatex-and-missing-spaces-in-pdf-text
>
> Certain fonts, for example Minion Pro, have small little interword spacing.
> This is a problem for highlighting on Goodreader on ipad.

There is but only as part of the export. I've added an option for
regular pdf's:

\setupbackend[space=yes]

So you can use that in the next beta.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: interword spacing
@ 2014-05-16 10:06   ` Trond Thorbjørnsen
From: Trond Thorbjørnsen @ 2014-05-16 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen skrev 16.05.2014:
> On 5/16/2014 10:31 AM, Trond Thorbjørnsen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to represent spaces explicitly with context, as described
> > here:
> >
> > https://heim.ifi.uio.no/trondth/.t/PK7ks9TsPC.php (..)tex.stackexchange.com(..)
> >
> > Certain fonts, for example Minion Pro, have small little interword spacing.
> > This is a problem for highlighting on Goodreader on ipad.
>
> There is but only as part of the export. I've added an option for
> regular pdf's:
>
> \setupbackend[space=yes]
>
> So you can use that in the next beta.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try this in the next beta.

-Trond