* pdf X/1-a:2001 format for print output.
@ 2014-05-22 14:07 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2014-05-22 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

The above format is required for pdf files
containing color for many American printers. I am
looking for the minimal case. In the wiki there
is an example:

\setupbackend
  [format=PDF/X-1a:2001,
   intent=SWOP2006_Coated3v2.icc]

Is this sufficient? Or must I also use this
code:

\setupinteraction
  [title=TITLE,
   subtitle=SUBTITLE,
   author=AUTHOR,
   keyword={{KEYWORD1, KEYWORD2}, KEYWORD3}]

I don't see the relationship of this last example
to non-interactive pdf X/1-a:2001 output for
print.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

* Re: pdf X/1-a:2001 format for print output.
@ 2014-05-22 15:59 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2014-05-22 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.05.2014 16:07, schrieb john Culleton:
> The above format is required for pdf files
> containing color for many American printers. I am
> looking for the minimal case. In the wiki there
> is an example:
>
> \setupbackend
>   [format=PDF/X-1a:2001,
>    intent=SWOP2006_Coated3v2.icc]
>
> Is this sufficient? Or must I also use this
> code:

They are not needed in PDF/X. But its good to be able to search PDF
documents for a specific author or a title. No metadata, no search
result pointing to your document.

> \setupinteraction
>   [title=TITLE,
>    subtitle=SUBTITLE,
>    author=AUTHOR,
>    keyword={{KEYWORD1, KEYWORD2}, KEYWORD3}]
>
> I don't see the relationship of this last example
> to non-interactive pdf X/1-a:2001 output for
> print.

Well, there is none. You set the metadata via '\setupinteraction'.
That's all.
Interactive features (like links) are even forbidden in PDF/X-1a. Also
no transparency and no RGB colors.

HTH,  Peter

* Re: pdf X/1-a:2001 format for print output.
@ 2014-05-22 16:48   ` john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2014-05-22 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, 22 May 2014 17:59:31 +0200
Peter Rolf <indiego@gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 22.05.2014 16:07, schrieb john Culleton:
> > The above format is required for pdf files
> > containing color for many American printers.
> > I am looking for the minimal case. In the
> > wiki there is an example:
> >
> > \setupbackend
> >   [format=PDF/X-1a:2001,
> >    intent=SWOP2006_Coated3v2.icc]
> >
> > Is this sufficient? Or must I also use this
> > code:
>
> They are not needed in PDF/X. But its good to
> be able to search PDF documents for a specific
> author or a title. No metadata, no search
> result pointing to your document.
>

> > \setupinteraction
> >   [title=TITLE,
> >    subtitle=SUBTITLE,
> >    author=AUTHOR,
> >    keyword={{KEYWORD1, KEYWORD2}, KEYWORD3}]
> >
> > I don't see the relationship of this last
> > example to non-interactive pdf X/1-a:2001
> > output for print.
> >

> Well, there is none. You set the metadata via
> '\setupinteraction'. That's all.
> Interactive features (like links) are even
> forbidden in PDF/X-1a. Also no transparency and
> no RGB colors.
>

> HTH,  Peter

Thanks for your help!