* How to center floats (?) in standardmakeup?
@ 2014-07-27 11:13 Thomas Kreuzer
From: Thomas Kreuzer @ 2014-07-27 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a title page with

     \startstandardmakeup[align=middle]

This works alright for text, but when I am trying to insert a "\framed",
a table or an "\externalfigure", those items (floats?) don't get centered.
How can I make them centered as well?

Thank you very much for your time and kind regards,
Thomas

* Re: How to center floats (?) in standardmakeup?
@ 2014-07-28 19:23 ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-07-28 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

On 2014-07-27, 13:13, Thomas Kreuzer wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to create a title page with
>
>      \startstandardmakeup[align=middle]
>
> This works alright for text, but when I am trying to insert a
> "\framed", a table or an "\externalfigure", those items (floats?)
> don't get centered. How can I make them centered as well?

I don't know why, but \leavevmode helps:

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup[align=middle]
\input knuth

\framed {One}

\leavevmode\framed {Two}
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

These items are not called floats.  Floats are objects like tables or
figures, which are not part of the main text, don't have a fixed
position, and are placed automatically.  Additionally, they are often
numbered and have some title (like "Figure 1:  A sample picture.")
See the wiki:  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Floating_Objects

Kind regards,
Joshua