* Alignment, indenting and font inside floats
@ 2014-07-28 19:29 Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-07-28 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

Dear list,

I want to setup all my floats' contents to be middle-aligned, not
indented and typeset in a distinct font.  How can I do this?  The
attached example does not work.

Thank you and kind regards,
Joshua Krämer

\setupindenting	[yes, \the\baselineskip]
\definefontfamily [figurefamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Sans]
\setupfloats [align=middle, style={\switchtobodyfont[figurefamily]},
indenting=no]

\starttext
\input knuth

\startplacefigure
Word
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

* Re: Alignment, indenting and font inside floats
@ 2014-07-28 21:23 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-07-28 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014-07-28 15:29, Joshua Krämer wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I want to setup all my floats' contents to be middle-aligned, not
> indented and typeset in a distinct font.  How can I do this?  The
> attached example does not work.
>
> Thank you and kind regards,
> Joshua Krämer
>

> \setupindenting	[yes, \the\baselineskip]
> \definefontfamily [figurefamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Sans]
> \setupfloats [align=middle, style={\switchtobodyfont[figurefamily]},
> indenting=no]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
>
> \startplacefigure
> Word
> \stopplacefigure
>
> \stoptext

    \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
    \setupindenting    [yes, \the\baselineskip]
    %\definefontfamily [figurefamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Sans]
    %\setupfloats [align=middle,
    style={\switchtobodyfont[figurefamily]}, indenting=no]
    \setupcaptions [style=ss]
    \setupframed[style=it]

    \starttext
    \input knuth

    \startplacefigure[title={Not a figure}]
    Word
    \stopplacefigure

    \startplacetable[title={A table}]
    \starttable[||]
    \NC Table\NC\NR
    \stoptable
    \stopplacetable

    \startplacefigure[title={A bovine figure}]
    \externalfigure[cow][width=5cm]
    \stopplacefigure

    \startplaceintermezzo[title={An intermezzo}]
    \startframedtext
    \input ward
    \stopframedtext
    \stopplaceintermezzo

    \stoptext

Captions are styled separately from the floats, hence \setupcaptions.

"Word" is not a figure. \startplacefigure does not make what follows a
figure. When a real figure is set with \startplacefigure, it is centered
by default.

You may be able to get away with style=ss instead of a new font
definition if the sans is linked to the main serif font.

The contents of a float are styled according to the type of float.

* Re: Alignment, indenting and font inside floats
@ 2014-07-28 21:45   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-07-28 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2014-07-28 17:23, Rik Kabel wrote:

(much snipped)

> The contents of a float are styled according to the type of float.
Sorry, that last statement should have been:

The contents of a float are styled according to the type of contents.

That is, if a table is floated (with placetable or startplacetable), you
still use table-styling commands to style it.

--
Rik

* Re: Alignment, indenting and font inside floats
@ 2014-07-29 19:57   ` Joshua Krämer
From: Joshua Krämer @ 2014-07-29 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs

On 2014-07-28, 17:23, Rik Kabel wrote:
> You may be able to get away with style=ss instead of a new font
> definition if the sans is linked to the main serif font.

This doesn't work for me, because I want the math to be typeset in the
new typeface, too.

> The contents of a float are styled according to the type of contents.

Thanks for your explanations.  I'm now using a macro, which I insert
manually at the beginning of every float, with the following definition:

\define \Figurestyle
{
    \setupindenting [no]
    \setupalign [center]