* Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-11 12:31 Günter Kolousek
From: Günter Kolousek @ 2014-08-11 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I think there is a bug in the (latest) beta that was not there earlier
this year. In particular, it worked (and still works) in the version

  current version: 2014.03.19 23:11

but it show *no* line numbers at all in the (latest) beta:

  current version: 2014.07.30 10:31

A minimal example follows:

\usemodule[vim]

\setupvimtyping[%
    numbering=yes,%
    numberdistance=2em]
\definevimtyping[cpp][syntax=cpp]

\starttext
\startcpp
#include <iostream>

int main() {
    std::cout << "Hello, world!" << std::endl;
}
\stopcpp
\stoptext

Sadly, I'm not a ConTeXt nor a lua expert so maybe anybody can help?

Regards,
Günter

p.s.: BTW, I still could not resolve the bug with integrating tikz but I
verified that it works with the stated version above (2014.03.19 23:11)
on my system (nothing else changed).

* Re: Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-14 16:16     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-08-14 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, Günter Kolousek wrote:

> It works with this workaround. Thanx for the help!

Note that the bug has been fixed in the latest version of the vim module,
so the workaround is no longer needed.

Aditya

* Re: Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-14  8:19   ` Günter Kolousek
From: Günter Kolousek @ 2014-08-14  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

It works with this workaround. Thanx for the help!

Regards
Günter

@ 2014-08-13 14:56     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-08-13 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 13.08.2014 um 16:39 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
>
>> numberlocation=left is the default anyways, so I don't know why the bug occurs.
>
> Could be a inheritance problem (maybe wrong parent setting) and vimtyping doesn’t fall back to the default syntaxhighlightingparameter values.

Was much simpler. A missing % before a comment!

https://github.com/adityam/filter/commit/e2608a7c8a83ec190f5e269136cb1f5e96cd10c3

This has been around for around 2 years, and I think that a change in the
way the linenumbering mechanism works brought this out.

I will push an update to vim soon.

Aditya

* Re: Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-13 14:52   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-08-13 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.08.2014 um 16:39 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:

> numberlocation=left is the default anyways, so I don't know why the bug occurs.

Could be a inheritance problem (maybe wrong parent setting) and vimtyping doesn’t fall back to the default syntaxhighlightingparameter values.

Wolfgang

* Re: Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-13 14:39 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-08-13 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-08-12 22:12 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2014-08-12 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> \starttext
> \startlinenumbering
> \input knuth
> \stoplinenumbering
> \stoptext

The line numbers seem better in mkii than in mkiv.

Best regards,
Akira

* Re: Bug with vimtyping: no line numbers
@ 2014-08-12 20:07   ` Günter Kolousek
From: Günter Kolousek @ 2014-08-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

this works with the latest beta!

Günter

Am Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

@ 2014-08-12 15:36 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-08-12 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-08-11 15:37 Günter Kolousek