* how to set figure label ?
@ 2015-04-16 15:27 Harald Koenig
From: Harald Koenig @ 2015-04-16 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Harald Koenig

Hi,

how can I set a "label" for a figure without

    \placefigure[][fig:...]{}

for some "figures" I use strange macros -- and at those places I get errors when calling \placefigure
BUT I'd like to check the page numbers of those places using

      \doifreferencefoundelse{fig:bild\the\bildnr}%

and right now I get

      references      > unknown reference '[][fig:bild5]'

for those pictures...

thanks -- and greetings from the DANTE meeting in Stralsund, Germany

Harald

PS: Hans -- we miss you so much!!!
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\

* Re: how to set figure label ?
@ 2015-04-16 16:11 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2015-04-16 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harald Koenig; +Cc: ConTeXt users

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:27:17 +0200
Harald Koenig <koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> how can I set a "label" for a figure without
>
>     \placefigure[][fig:...]{}
>
> for some "figures" I use strange macros -- and at those places I get
> errors when calling \placefigure BUT I'd like to check the page
> numbers of those places using
>
>       \doifreferencefoundelse{fig:bild\the\bildnr}%
>
> and right now I get
>
>       references      > unknown reference '[][fig:bild5]'
>
> for those pictures...

I much prefer the syntax

\startplacefigure [reference=fig:,location={here,force},title={}]
   \externalfigure[]...
\stopplacefigure

Depending on the "strange macros" that you want to use,
this should generally work. I find that this gives one many more
options.

Alan

* Re: how to set figure label ?
@ 2015-04-17  6:45   ` Harald Koenig
From: Harald Koenig @ 2015-04-17  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan BRASLAU; +Cc: ConTeXt users, Harald Koenig

On Apr 16, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> I much prefer the syntax
>
> \startplacefigure [reference=fig:,location={here,force},title={}]
>    \externalfigure[]...
> \stopplacefigure
>
> Depending on the "strange macros" that you want to use,
> this should generally work. I find that this gives one many more
> options.

ACK!  works even for my "strange macros" ;-)

thanks a lot,

Harald