* System fonts not loading
@ 2015-04-26 21:57 Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2015-04-26 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I seem to be having some trouble getting the system fonts to load from my Debian Jessie system.

I'm using:

mica@box:~/Working$ context -version

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.61
mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file: /home/mica/.context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2015.04.18 14:41

and OSFONTDIR is set and all the fonts I want to use are in ~/.fonts:

mica@box:~/Working$ echo $OSFONTDIR
/home/mica/.fonts/

Usually when I run into font problems or add a new font, I run:

fc-cache -fv
mtxrun --generate
context --make

This has worked for some time, however now it will not. Consider the following:

\definefontfamily [junction] [rm] [Junction Regular]
\definefontfamily [junction] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[junction]

\starttext

\input ward \bf \input ward
\tf \input ward \bf \input ward
\stoptext

which results in a pdf with Latin Modern.

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all doesn't seem to be seeing the OS fonts, but sees all of ConTeXt's fonts. However, fc-list : family (which will list all the system fonts known by fc-cache) shows all the fonts as available.

Thank you for any help.

Best,
Mica

* Re: System fonts not loading
@ 2015-04-27  7:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-27  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/26/2015 11:57 PM, Mica Semrick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to be having some trouble getting the system fonts to load from
> my Debian Jessie system.
>
> I'm using:
>
> mica@box:~/Working$ context -version
>
> mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 0.61
> mtx-context     |
> mtx-context     | main context file:
> /home/mica/.context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> mtx-context     | current version: 2015.04.18 14:41
>
> and OSFONTDIR is set and all the fonts I want to use are in ~/.fonts:
>
> mica@box:~/Working$ echo $OSFONTDIR
> /home/mica/.fonts/
>
> Usually when I run into font problems or add a new font, I run:
>
> fc-cache -fv
> mtxrun --generate
> context --make
>
> This has worked for some time, however now it will not. Consider the
> following:
>
> \definefontfamily [junction] [rm] [Junction Regular]
> \definefontfamily [junction] [mm] [Latin Modern Math]
>
> \setupbodyfont[junction]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input ward \bf \input ward
> \tf \input ward \bf \input ward
> \stoptext
>
> which results in a pdf with Latin Modern.
>
> mtxrun --script fonts --list --all doesn't seem to be seeing the OS
> fonts, but sees all of ConTeXt's fonts. However, fc-list : family (which
> will list all the system fonts known by fc-cache) shows all the fonts as
> available.

mtxrun --script --reload -force

normally this is run automatically (in a fast mode) but there can be
cases where it needs a full scan esp when fonts are moved.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: System fonts not loading
@ 2015-04-28  5:31   ` Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2015-04-28  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

That did not seems to solve the problem. I'll assume there is a problem elsewhere with my system, unless there is anything else I can try. It is strange, as this worked before when Debian Jessie was still "testing."

Thanks,
Mica