* parenthesis in Arabic text
@ 2015-05-16 22:58 Sam Ḥilluc
From: Sam Ḥilluc @ 2015-05-16 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Greetings,

I'm trying to typeset an Arabic text, but I have a problem with parenthesis in
footnotes. The following example:

    \usemodule[simplefonts]

    \setmainfont[amiri][features=arabic,range=arabic]
    \setupdirections[bidi=global]
    \setupalign[righttoleft]

    \def\text{(ب)}

    \startdocument
    \text\footnote{\text}.
    \stopdocument

gives the correct order in the text but the parenthesis are not adapted in the
footnote.

So in the text I get: (ب)
And in the footnote: )ب(.

* Re: parenthesis in Arabic text
@ 2015-05-17 10:20 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-05-17 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 17.05.2015 um 00:58 schrieb Sam Ḥilluc <shilluc@gmx.com>:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to typeset an Arabic text, but I have a problem with parenthesis in
> footnotes. The following example:
>
>    \usemodule[simplefonts]
>
>    \setmainfont[amiri][features=arabic,range=arabic]
>    \setupdirections[bidi=global]
>    \setupalign[righttoleft]
>
>    \def\text{(ب)}
>
>    \startdocument
>    \text\footnote{\text}.
>    \stopdocument
>
> gives the correct order in the text but the parenthesis are not adapted in the
> footnote.
>
> So in the text I get: (ب)
> And in the footnote: )ب(.

You have to set the bidi settings again for the footnotes because
the notes mechanism resets many of these setups.

\startsetups[note:footnote]
  \setupdirections[bidi=global]
\stopsetups

\setupnote[footnote][setups=note:footnote] % align=righttoleft

Wolfgang

* Re: parenthesis in Arabic text
@ 2015-05-17 13:50   ` Sam Ḥilluc
From: Sam Ḥilluc @ 2015-05-17 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2015-05-17 12:20, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Am 17.05.2015 um 00:58 schrieb Sam Ḥilluc <shilluc@gmx.com>:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm trying to typeset an Arabic text, but I have a problem with parenthesis in
> > footnotes. The following example:
> >
> >    \usemodule[simplefonts]
> >
> >    \setmainfont[amiri][features=arabic,range=arabic]
> >    \setupdirections[bidi=global]
> >    \setupalign[righttoleft]
> >
> >    \def\text{(ب)}
> >
> >    \startdocument
> >    \text\footnote{\text}.
> >    \stopdocument
> >
> > gives the correct order in the text but the parenthesis are not adapted in the
> > footnote.
> >
> > So in the text I get: (ب)
> > And in the footnote: )ب(.
>
> You have to set the bidi settings again for the footnotes because
> the notes mechanism resets many of these setups.
>
> \startsetups[note:footnote]
>   \setupdirections[bidi=global]
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupnote[footnote][setups=note:footnote] % align=righttoleft
>
> Wolfgang

Works perfectly, thanks.