* Printing bibliographic entries without the full publication list
@ 2015-07-29  9:38 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-07-29  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans & Alan,

I would like to manually print the selected list of publications, like this:

\usebtxdataset[items.bib]
\usebtxdefinitions[aps]
\starttext
\startitemize
\item \cite[entry][bib1]
\item some random text
\item \cite[entry][bib5]
\stopitemize
\stoptext

The problem is that this doesn't print anything unless I add
\placelistofpublications somewhere.

While I do understand (to some extent at least) the rationale for not
printing the number of bib item when \placelistofpublications is
missing, I don't see any reason why I should be unable to print the
complete publication that doesn't even require printing out any
number.

Any hints about how to do a workaround?

I could do

\nocite[bib1]
\nocite[bib5]
\placelistofpublications

but then I'm unable to do manual tweaking of the list and adding free text.

Thank you very much,
    Mojca

* Re: Printing bibliographic entries without the full publication list
@ 2015-07-29 13:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-29 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/29/2015 11:38 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Hans & Alan,
>
> I would like to manually print the selected list of publications, like this:
>
> \usebtxdataset[items.bib]
> \usebtxdefinitions[aps]
> \starttext
> \startitemize
> \item \cite[entry][bib1]
> \item some random text
> \item \cite[entry][bib5]
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> The problem is that this doesn't print anything unless I add
> \placelistofpublications somewhere.
>
> While I do understand (to some extent at least) the rationale for not
> printing the number of bib item when \placelistofpublications is
> missing, I don't see any reason why I should be unable to print the
> complete publication that doesn't even require printing out any
> number.
>
> Any hints about how to do a workaround?
>
> I could do
>
> \nocite[bib1]
> \nocite[bib5]
> \placelistofpublications
>
> but then I'm unable to do manual tweaking of the list and adding free text.

a while ago i made this for that purpose (as you wanted it) and alan is
busy documenting it ... (btw, there is also criterium=dataset when
placing lists)

\starttext

\startbuffer [demo]
     @article{whatever-1,
       title  = {Whatever Title 1},
       author = {One and Two and Three and Four and Five and Six and
Seven and Eight},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-2,
       title  = {Whatever Title 2},
       author = {Mojca and others},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-3,
       title  = {Whatever Title 3},
       author = {Mojca and Alan and others},
       year   = {2015}
     }
     @article{whatever-4,
       title  = {Whatever Title 4},
       author = {Mojca and Hans},
       year   = {2015}
     }
\stopbuffer

\usebtxdataset [demo.buffer]

\usebtxdefinitions [aps]

\setupbtxrendering [aps] [numbering=yes]

% methods:
%
% \hiddencite : mark for list, don't show in text
% \listcite   : mark for list, show in text only when in list
% \textcite   : not to list, show in text
% \alwayscite : mark for list, show in text
%
% \cite   == \listcite
% \nocite == \hiddencite

% \subsubject{only shown when in list (okay)} % todo: (no list)

% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{only list}

% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-1]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-2]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-3]\par
% hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{only in text (okay)}

% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

% \subsubject{always in text and optionally in list}

% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
% always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

\page

\placelistofpublications

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-07-30  8:03   ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2015-07-30  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

"\textcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]" etc. gives weird (see attached):

"
text citation: (, 2015)
"

with:

	ConTeXt  ver: 2015.07.28 19:12 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.7.30  int: english/english

I would expect something like:

"
text citation: (Mo, 2015)
"

Best regards,

Lukas

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:37:14 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> [...]
> % list citation: \listcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par
>
> % \subsubject{only list}
>
> % hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-1]\par
> % hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-2]\par
> % hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-3]\par
> % hidden citation: \hiddencite [whatever-4]\par
>
> % \subsubject{only in text (okay)}
>
> % text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
> % text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
> % text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
> % text citation: \textcite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par
>
> % \subsubject{always in text and optionally in list}
>
> % always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-1]\par
> % always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-2]\par
> % always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-3]\par
> % always citation: \alwayscite [authoryear] [whatever-4]\par

Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz
Bezová 1658
147 14 Praha 4

Tel: +420 241 096 751
Fax: +420 244 461 038

[-- Attachment #2: Mojca.mkiv --]

[...]

[-- Attachment #3: Mojca.pdf --]

* Re: Printing bibliographic entries without the full publication list
@ 2015-07-30  8:27     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2015-07-30  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:03:36 +0200
Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz> wrote:

> text citation: (, 2015)

Indeed, enabling trackers shows:

publications    > cite > inject, dataset: default, tag: whatever-1, variant: authoryear, compressed
publications    > processing reference 'whatever-1'
publications    > authors > ignored field 'author' of tag 'whatever-1', used field '' is no author
publications    > cite > inject, dataset: default, tag: whatever-2, variant: authoryear,compressed
publications    > processing reference 'whatever-2'
publications    > authors > ignored field 'author' of tag 'whatever-2', used field '' is no author

which is indeed strange...

> I would expect something like:
>
> text citation: (Mo, 2015)

You should expect (Mojca, 2015)

Alan

* Re: Printing bibliographic entries without the full publication list
       [not found] <mailman.1.1438164001.11138.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2015-07-29 13:26 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2015-07-29 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 29 Jul 2015, at 12:00 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear Hans & Alan,
>
> I would like to manually print the selected list of publications, like this:
>
> \usebtxdataset[items.bib]
> \usebtxdefinitions[aps]
> \starttext
> \startitemize
> \item \cite[entry][bib1]
> \item some random text
> \item \cite[entry][bib5]
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> The problem is that this doesn't print anything unless I add
> \placelistofpublications somewhere.
>
> While I do understand (to some extent at least) the rationale for not
> printing the number of bib item when \placelistofpublications is
> missing, I don't see any reason why I should be unable to print the
> complete publication that doesn't even require printing out any
> number.
>
> Any hints about how to do a workaround?

Hi Mojca,
Despite being neither Hans nor Alan I could perhaps offer you the possibility of a simple workaround,

I think you could do what you need in the same way as when you put bibliographic references in a footnote.
So in your case it would be:

\startitemize
\item \dcite{citekey1}
item some random text
\item \dcite{citekey2}
\stopitemize

In any case this works for me but my bibliographic setup may be different from yours.
I hope it helps,

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone