········· > In case this helps anyone else: > > In my case, the LuaTeX error resulted from what appears to be a corrupt font cache. I was getting the error: > > > !LuaTeX error: cannot find OpenType font file for reading () > > ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! > > The solution was to clean the LuaTeX font cache in my ConTeXt standalone directory. Mine was in: > ` ~/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/<...>/fonts/otf/ ` You can use ``mtxrun --script cache --erase`` for that. > (The <…> represents a long string of numbers.) > > I deleted the .tma and .tmc files in that OTF directory. Upon running ConTeXt again, everything worked fine. [The source of this discovery was http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/65038/luatex-cannot-find-existing-font ] I’ve run my tests explicitly erasing the caches (not only the fonts one) and rebuilding both the format and the file indices every time. Try this: export OSFONTDIR=~/.fonts mtxrun --script cache --erase && mtxrun --generate && context --make && mtxrun --script fonts --reload && context source.tex (Adapt the OSFONTDIR path and replace “source.tex” with the name of your test file.) Make sure there’s no copy of the font in PWD or the system path. Best, Philipp