* new user needs help with ConTeXt installation and configuration
@ 2016-03-09 21:04 L.S.-Soc&Gam
From: L.S.-Soc&Gam @ 2016-03-09 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hey guys, this is my first mail here so please bear with me.

i read on TeX exchange that it's best to subscribe to this mailing list
in order to get help with ConTeXt. but since i only see advanced stuff
related posts i would like to ask politely if this is the right place to
ask noob questions or should i go to another place?

thanks in advance,

sebastian

* Re: new user needs help with ConTeXt installation and configuration
@ 2016-03-09 21:08 ` Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2016-03-09 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The wiki at contextgarden.net should be of help.

@ 2016-03-09 21:20   ` L.S.-Soc&Gam
From: L.S.-Soc&Gam @ 2016-03-09 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

i think it could be of interest to others since it would help to make an
up-to-date installation instruction. many google results seem outdated
and even on contextgarden there are multiple installation instructions
that in the end don't help me with my problems...

ok, so i searched around on contextgarden but i don't know where to add
an entry... what do you mean exactly? the ConTeXt group
http://group.contextgarden.net/ or rather something different?

@ 2016-03-09 22:33     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-03-09 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/09/2016 10:20 PM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote:
> i think it could be of interest to others since it would help to make an
> up-to-date installation instruction. many google results seem outdated
> and even on contextgarden there are multiple installation instructions
> that in the end don't help me with my problems...
>
> ok, so i searched around on contextgarden but i don't know where to add
> an entry... what do you mean exactly? the ConTeXt group
> http://group.contextgarden.net/ or rather something different?

Hi Sebastian,

no, I guess he meant: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page.

This is the wiki. Registration is required.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: new user needs help with ConTeXt installation and configuration
@ 2016-03-09 22:55     ` Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2016-03-09 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone is the install page.

@ 2016-03-10  2:09 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2016-03-10  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: L.S.-Soc&Gam; +Cc: ntg-context

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016 22:04:53 +0100
L.S.-Soc&Gam <axteffekt@gmail.com> wrote:

> i read on TeX exchange that it's best to subscribe to this mailing
> list in order to get help with ConTeXt. but since i only see advanced
> stuff related posts i would like to ask politely if this is the right
> place to ask noob questions or should i go to another place?

Hello Sebastian,

This mailing list is very active, with both advanced as well as basic
questions. In fact, even experienced users can still ask basic
questions.

It appears that you have managed to download the Standalone on Windows.
Keep at it! (and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't find the
answers on the wiki, in the documentation, or on this list).

Alan