From: Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>
To: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Questions about Scite lexers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:51:50 -0600	[thread overview]

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:39:57 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> > 5) May I rely on this feature to be stable?
>
> yes (i use it myself)

The following is slightly off-topic of the present thread...

Hans, we finally understood while at the ConTeXt conference at
Nasbinals that your syntax highlighting depend on a lexer that requires
an external library for the scite editor. This library is available for
Windows so you have no problem using this feature (not the formatting
highlighting feature in ConTeXt but the editor highlighting). However,
the libraries will require some work to port them to other systems, and
we failed in our short effort to simply compile it.

My question to the mailing list is where should we be going for this?
I see several options:
1) work further on porting the lua lexer library to scite on other
systems, and/or
2) work on porting Hans' lua rules to other editors, i.e. vim (and
emacs, for those so inclined).

It would be nice to have synchronization between our editors'
highlighting and that formatted by Context.

Alan