* \cite not working with notes in xtables
@ 2017-12-05 20:06 Michael Eidenbenz
From: Michael Eidenbenz @ 2017-12-05 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello List,

I have this MWE that reflects my current layout where I have images in an xtable with captions defined as note. Both, footnotes and captions are set in the margin.
The Example compiles correct with just one caption in a xcell. If there are two (as in the MWE) the \cite command doesnt work.

Could this be a conflict on the lua side of xtables/publication framework?

The second problem of course are the footnotes that are not placed on the correct side.
I thought \automigrateinserts would help here. But it doesnt.

Any hints how to solve this?

Thanks Michael

---------------------------
\useMPlibrary[dum]

\startbuffer[bib]
@article{tufte, author = {Edward Tufte} }
\stopbuffer
\definebtxdataset[bib]
\usebtxdataset [bib][bib.buffer]
\definebtxrendering[bib][dataset=bib]

\setuplayout[backspace=80mm,width=120mm]

\setupnote	[footnote]
		[location={none}]

\definenote	[caption]
		[location={none}]

\automigrateinserts

\setuptexttexts
  [margin]
  [{{\vbox to\textheight%
    {\placenotes[caption]%
     \null\vfilll%
     \placenotes[footnote]}}}]
  []

\starttext

\input tufte
  \footnote{\cite[bib::tufte]}
  \par

  \startembeddedxtable[distance=10mm]
    \startxrow
      \startxcell[width=55mm]
        \externalfigure[dummy][factor=fit]
        \caption[dummy]{caption}
      \stopxcell
      \startxcell[width=55mm]
        \externalfigure[dummy][factor=fit]
        % \caption[dummy]{caption} %without this note the \cite command compiles
      \stopxcell
    \stopxrow
  \stopembeddedxtable

\input tufte
  \footnote{\cite[bib::tufte]}
  \par

\placebtxrendering [bib]

\stoptext

-------

* Re: \cite not working with notes in xtables
@ 2017-12-05 20:25 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-12-05 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

Including the second \caption (note) leads to:

publications    > no entry 'tufte' found in dataset 'bib'
publications    > no entry 'tufte' found in dataset 'bib'

Strange...

Alan

@ 2017-12-12 18:23 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-12-12 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael,

Hans seems to have fixed this problem, which was an obscure lua issue
having to do with collecting references interacting badly with trial
typesetting, as is done in xtables. The correction should make it to
the beta soon.