* Question to Lua and Postgres (and ConTeXt)
@ 2017-12-20 19:12 Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2017-12-20 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I installed the module (I'm at CentOS 6.6) by yum install luasql-postgres, ok. Then I used:

lua	myscript.lua
/usr/bin/lua	myscript.lua
/usr/local/bin/lua myscript.lua

I discovered that it is version dependent: lua (=/usr/local/bin/lua) does not operate, it is 5.3, whereas /usr/bin/lua works ok, it is 5.1.
At the command line, it is not a problem to choose another lua interpreter than the default one is.
But if I use the same lua script within the ConTeXt, I came across the same problem because the default version in ConTeXt is 5.2.

First, I thought about the way how to change version of lua inside the current version of ConTeXt  (is it possible?)
but the same behaviour appeared when I tryed older versions (TL 2010, 2011, 2012) containing lua v5.1 by the default.
It seems that file postgres.so which is the main important is not visible for ConTeXt.

Neither
	 package.path = '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luasql;',
not copying the postgres.so to the current directory did not help.

I have any clue how to fix it. Have you any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tomáš

%%%%%%%%

! LuaTeX error <main ctx instance>:3: module 'luasql.postgres' not found:
	no field package.preload['luasql.postgres']
	no file './luasql/postgres.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/luasql/postgres.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
	no file './luasql.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/luasql.so'
	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'require'
	<main ctx instance>:3: in main chunk.

%%%%%%%%