From: Tomas Hala <tomas.hala@mendelu.cz>
Subject: Re: Parsing \...luacode within a \def
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 21:20:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Lukáš,

I am not sure but I guess that the problem is related with the behaviour of
the input processor which erases characters at the end of line (CR, LF) and
replace them by a space. Then, the whole content between \start/stopluacode
is at only one line. If you the second way of comment marks, the letter "u"
will be shown at the output.

Tomáš

\def\U{%
  \startluacode
--[[ blahblah
]]--

    context("u")
  \stopluacode
}

Thu, Jun 14, 2018 ve 08:48:40PM +0200 Procházka Lukáš Ing. napsal(a):
# Hello,
#
# I encountered a phenomena that I cannot understand. Let's have the following code:
#
# ----
# \def\T{%
#   \startluacode
#     context("t")
#   \stopluacode
# }
#
# \def\U{%
#   \startluacode
#     --
#
#     context("u")
#   \stopluacode
# }
#
# \starttext
#   A
#   \startluacode
#     --
#
#     context("b")
#   \stopluacode
#   \T
#   \U
# \stoptext
# ----
#
# This gives "Abt" - but there is no "u".
#
# It seems that the (first) comment mark "--" within a \startluacode within \def (here: \def\U) causes all code till \stopluacode is being ignored.
#
# But why?
#
# Maybe I'm missing something very basic...
#
# Best regards,
#
# Lukas
#
#
# --
# Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
# Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz | IDDS:nrpt3sn
# Bezová 1658
# 147 14 Praha 4
#
# Mob.: +420 702 033 396
#
# If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
#
# maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
# webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
# archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/