* Text running of the page with default=top float paremeter
@ 2018-12-05 12:44 Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2018-12-05 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I've got a problem with text running off the page. The culprit is
the "default=top" float parameter. Is this expected behaviour?

Slightly OT bonus question: What does the “default=auto” parameter
do? I added that years ago and have not found documentation what it
actually does. I actually have set "default=auto, top, bottom".

MWE:

\definefloat
  [smallfigure]
  [smallfigures]
  [figure]

\setupfloat
  [smallfigure]
  [default=outer]

\setupfloat
  [figure]
  [default=top] %% commenting this fixes the issue

\showframe
\starttext

\startplacefigure
  \externalfigure
\stopplacefigure

\startplacesmallfigure
  \externalfigure
\stopplacesmallfigure

\dorecurse{4}{\samplefile{knuth}}

\stoptext

Marco

* Re: Text running of the page with default=top float parameter
@ 2018-12-05 13:03 ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2018-12-05 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:44:53 +0100
Marco Patzer <lists@homerow.info> wrote:

> I've got a problem with text running off the page. The culprit is
> the "default=top" float parameter. Is this expected behaviour?
>
> Slightly OT bonus question: What does the “default=auto” parameter
> do? I added that years ago and have not found documentation what it
> actually does. I actually have set "default=auto, top, bottom".

I just wanted to add that the issue persists with either

  default=auto
  default=top
  default=bottom
  and possibly others as well

So the issue is more with default=outer messing up the calculation,
I assume.

Marco