* Re: troubles with \MPinclusions (Taco Hoekwater)
       [not found] <mailman.649.1550746197.1205.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2019-02-21 11:20 ` Damien Thiriet
From: Damien Thiriet @ 2019-02-21 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks for your answers, I could significantly reduce my long
timeline code.

> 1. Variable names x and y are special and cleared before
>    every graphic. This is related to the fact that “z" is
>    defined as a shortcut for "(x,y)”. Both of these are
>    traditional.
>
>    Every metapost graphic does at least this at its start:
>
>    save x,y;
>    currentpicture := nullpicture;
>    currentpen:=defaultpen;
>
>    so pair xx[]; would have worked just fine.
>
>    In general, I would advice to stay away from single-letter
>    variable names inside MPinclusions, and use CamelCase
>    to avoid clashes with metafun internals.

So, got one more z-related error in Metapost. I bet this is
absolutely the n.1 on help-lists. Btw, if I were a scientist,
I'd realized that defining x as a pair is quite heretic…
And that sounds much familiar to an historian.

Damien Thiriet

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-02-21 11:20 UTC | newest]