* Space between initials in bibliography
@ 2019-03-02  9:19 Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-03-02  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

By default there seem to be no space between initials in bibliography
(which I guess there should be?). I can get a space by adding
\setupbtx[
stopper:initials={.\btxspace},
]
but I don't think that this is how the stopper is meant to be used. Do
I miss some other key that I can use to get space inbetween initials?
Minimal example below, and I attach the result without the setting
above (no space V.I. Arnol'd) and with the setting above (space V. I.
Arnol'd).

/Mikael

%Example
\startbuffer[ref]
@book {arnold,
    AUTHOR = {Arnold, Vladimir I.},
     TITLE = {Ordinary differential equations},
    SERIES = {Universitext},
      NOTE = {Translated from the Russian by Roger Cooke,
              Second printing of the 1992 edition},
 PUBLISHER = {Springer-Verlag, Berlin},
      YEAR = {2006},
     PAGES = {ii+334},
      ISBN = {978-3-540-34563-3; 3-540-34563-9},
   MRCLASS = {34-01 (34Cxx 37-01 37C10)},
  MRNUMBER = {2242407},
}
\stopbuffer

\usebtxdataset[ref][ref.buffer]
\setupbtx[dataset=ref]
\definebtxrendering[ref][dataset=ref]
\setupbtx[
stopper:initials={.\btxspace},%comment to show version without space
]
\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
We study \cite[arnold].
\placelistofpublications[ref][method=dataset]
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: bibspace-2.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 12095 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: bibspace-1.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 12118 bytes --]

* Re: Space between initials in bibliography
@ 2019-03-03 18:19 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2019-03-03 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 10:19:35 +0100
"Mikael P. Sundqvist" <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:

> By default there seem to be no space between initials in bibliography
> (which I guess there should be?). I can get a space by adding
> \setupbtx[
> stopper:initials={.\btxspace},
> ]
> but I don't think that this is how the stopper is meant to be used.

In the APA specification (publ-imp-apa.mkvi), we have

stopper:initials={. }, % with a (breakable) space

but there is no space by default (publ-ini.mkiv)

stopper:initials={.},

Alan