* Bibliography : wrong order of references when rendered by chapter
@ 2019-03-18 13:14 Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2019-03-18 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to use multiple renderings to place a bibliography list at the end
of each chapters. I use the option 'criterium=chapter' to place the
bibliography and i also use the options 'repeat=yes,method=local'
because I want each chapter to have its own bibliography with an
independant numbering (starting from 1 for each chapter).

However, it doesn't wwork as expected. When a reference that exists in a
previous chapter appears again in another one, the ordering is broken (I tried
th option 'continue=no' but I don't know what it does).

I don't know if it's very clear so here's a minimal 'non' working example (in
the second chapter, ward reference should be numbered 1 and knuth should be 2,
following the order of appearence in the bibliography list):

% mnwe.tex
\usebtxdataset[biblio.bib]
\setupbtxrendering
    [repeat=yes,
    continue=no,
    method=local]

\startdocument
    \startchapter[title=First chapter]
        \input knuth \cite[knuth]\blank
        \placelistofpublications[criterium=chapter]
    \stopchapter

    \startchapter[title=Second chapter]
        \input ward \cite[ward,knuth]\blank
        \placelistofpublications[criterium=chapter]
    \stopchapter
\stopdocument
% end

% biblio.bib
@book{knuth,
    title = "Title",
    author = "Knuth",
    publisher = "Publisher",
    year = "2019",
}
@book{ward,
    title = "Title",
    author = "Ward",
    publisher = "Publisher",
    year = "2019",
}
% end

Thank you for your help.

Best.

--
Romain Diss

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-18 13:14 UTC | newest]