* sorttype option not recognized in setupbtxrendering
@ 2019-03-19 19:39 Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2019-03-19 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that the 'sorttype' option is not recognized in
'\setupbtxrendering'. I tried all the different values (page 25 in
mkiv-publications.pdf) but nothing changes. The log files suggests that
the option is not read correctly. For example :

% test-biblio.tex
\usebtxdataset[biblio.bib]
\setupbtxrendering[sorttype=index]

\startdocument
    \startchapter[title=First chapter]
        \input ward \cite[ward,knuth]\blank
        \placelistofpublications
    \stopchapter
\stopdocument
% end

% biblio.bib
@book{knuth,
    title = "Title",
    author = "Knuth",
    publisher = "Publisher",
    year = "2019",
}
@book{ward,
    title = "Title",
    author = "Ward",
    publisher = "Publisher",
    year = "2019",
}
% end

give the following line in the log file :
publications    > list > collecting entries using method 'global' and sort order 'default'

Thanks for the help.

--
Romain Diss

* Re: sorttype option not recognized in setupbtxrendering
@ 2019-03-19 21:51 ` Romain Diss
From: Romain Diss @ 2019-03-19 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It seems that the 'sorttype' option is not recognized in
> '\setupbtxrendering'. I tried all the different values (page 25 in
> mkiv-publications.pdf) but nothing changes. The log files suggests that
> the option is not read correctly.
I just find a way to make the 'sorttype' option work. If I first define a
named rendering with '\definebtxrendering', the 'sorttype' is correctly
read... Don't know why it doesn't work with the default rendering.

> % test-biblio.tex
> \usebtxdataset[biblio.bib]
\definebtxrendering[example]
\setupbtxrendering[example][sorttype=index]

> \startdocument
>     \startchapter[title=First chapter]
>         \input ward \cite[ward,knuth]\blank
         \placelistofpublications[example]