* local command description
@ 2019-04-16 21:15 Damien Thiriet
From: Damien Thiriet @ 2019-04-16 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Last year after my speech at BachoTeX, Hans told me, that we can get a
local catalogue of ConTeXt macros. So I wrote on a piece of paper two
commands but did not note much more and now I am not sure what do they
stand for

mtxrun --script server --auto

When I run this, I got this on my console
resolvers       | trees | analyzing '/home/dthiriet/texmf'
mtx-server      | running at port: 8088
mtx-server      | document root:
/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua
mtx-server      | main index file: unknown
mtx-server      | scripts subpath:
/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua
mtx-server      | context services: http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua

and then nothing appends for a quite long time (10 minutes). Is it
building a base or something like this? How long should I wait to have
it made?

The second command I note is

mtxrun --gethelp
--url=http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=%command%
--command= "\definecolor"

When I run this, I get
sh: http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=definecolor: not found

Is it because I did not build the base, or did I miss something (typo or
so on?)
Thanks,

Damien Thiriet

* Re: local command description
@ 2019-04-16 21:23 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2019-04-16 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi Damien,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:15:08PM +0200, Damien Thiriet wrote:
> mtxrun --script server --auto
>
> [snip]
>
> mtx-server      | context services: http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua

> mtxrun --gethelp
> --url=http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=%command%
> --command= "\definecolor"
>
> When I run this, I get
> sh: http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=definecolor: not found

  The first command starts a Web server that you can query with the
second command -- or obviously with a browser, using the URL displayed
(localhost:8088, etc.).  In order for the second command to succeed, you
thus need to keep the first one running.  In addition, you need to
protect the URL in the second command from the shell, like thus for
example:

	mtxrun --gethelp \
	  --url='http://localhost:8088/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=definecolor' \
	  --command='\definecolor'

  Specifically, it’s the question mark that gives the shell grief.

	Best,

		Arthur