* Itemization formatting
@ 2019-05-29 14:15 Taco Hoekwater
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-05-29 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I must be getting old :(

It used to be that I could get ConTeXt to do what I wanted, but that is increasingly getting harder.

Current problem: I would like to have itemizations that behave like in this dummy
ascii formatting:

  *   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec dapibus turpis et
  nulla venenatis tincidunt. Curabitur sit amet vehicula nisi, sit amet

and so far it has been impossible for me to set up \setupitemize to do what I want.

In descriptive text, what I want is:

1. some global indentation to the left and/or right. That is what the margin= key does
2. the symbol (or number) typeset in a specific width. That is the width= key
3. some distance between the number box and the following text. That is the distance= key
4. on line 2 and forward to the end of the item, I want a *different* indentation from the first item line.

In this particular case, I want no extra indentation except for ‘margin’, but in other
cases I may like either more or less indentation than on line 1 of the first para of the item.

The desired effect is simple achieve with primitive operations, but I would like the input
to look nice (not to mention that I do not want to loose options for cross-referencing etc).

  \setupitemize[option=intext]

is nearly right for this case (with indentation equal to the left margin), so I assumed I would
be able to tweak that. But the problem there is that while it does 2-4, it ignores the extra
indentation required for nested itemizations (it even ignores explicit margin= settings for the
nested level). After fighting with this for hours, I am nearly ready to give up.

Anybody have any idea how to get itemizations to do what I want?

MWE attached.

Best wishes,
Taco
PS It seems that “indentnext=no” does not work for nested itemizations?