* preventing page break
@ 2019-07-10 10:52 Floris van Manen
From: Floris van Manen @ 2019-07-10 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello List,

What is the preferred way in context to prevent a page break happening
between the heading(s) of a section and, for instance, the first 3 lines
of the following paragraph?

\section(one)
\subsection(one two}
%--- no page break here
One two three for ...
One two three for ...
One two three for ...
%- from here page breaks allowed

Thanks
.Floris

[-- Attachment #2: pEpkey.asc --]

* Re: preventing page break
@ 2019-07-19 11:24 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-07-19 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zitat von Floris van Manen <vm@klankschap.nl>:

> Hello List,
>
> What is the preferred way in context to prevent a page break happening
> between the heading(s) of a section and, for instance, the first 3 lines
> of the following paragraph?
>
> \section(one)
> \subsection(one two}
> %--- no page break here
> One two three for ...
> One two three for ...
> One two three for ...
> %- from here page breaks allowed

You can use \testpage{#} to tell ConTeXt there should be at least #
lines following; I often use this with \setuphead.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: Preventing page break
@ 2007-01-24 21:31 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-01-24 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. You confirmed what I suspected -- that by
default there are no auto page-breaks after most sections. I have no
idea how I got into this mess but I think I'll start over with a fresh
setup. I guess, it's all part of the learning process.

Elliot

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:52:51 +0100
From: Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl>

> Hi Elliot,
>
> humble, I agree with Mike's statement.
> In general the \setuphead command is used to organize the behaviour of
> the section titles. By default only the \chapter and \part start on a
> right page in a doublesided layout.
> See also cont-enp.pdf (The manual) on page 148 (text elements) section
> 8.5 Alternative mechanisms.
>

> Willi
>
> Mike Bird wrote:

> >> No. I want to remove empty pages that are being auto generated at the
> >> end of a section.
> >>

> > Hi Elliot,
> >
> > I think you'll need to post the relevant part of your setup, as
> > ConTeXt does not create empty pages after sections by default,
> > even in double-sided documents:
> >
> > \starttext
> > \setuppagenumbering[alternate=doublesided]
> > \section{A}
> > \section{B}
> > \stoptext
> >
> > --Mike Bird

* Re: Preventing page break
@ 2007-01-24 19:52   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2007-01-24 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Bird wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 January 2007 08:21, Elliot Clifton wrote:
>
>> Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Does "\setuphead[chapter][before={\page[yes]}]" do what you want?
>>>
>> No. I want to remove empty pages that are being auto generated at the
>> end of a section.
>>

> Hi Elliot,
>
> I think you'll need to post the relevant part of your setup, as
> ConTeXt does not create empty pages after sections by default,
> even in double-sided documents:
>
> \starttext
> \setuppagenumbering[alternate=doublesided]
> \section{A}
> \section{B}
> \stoptext
>
> --Mike Bird

* Re: Preventing page break
@ 2007-01-24 16:47 ` Mike Bird
From: Mike Bird @ 2007-01-24 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2007-01-24 16:21 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-01-24 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

@ 2007-01-24  0:56 ` Mike Bird
From: Mike Bird @ 2007-01-24  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 16:25, Elliot Clifton wrote:
> In my double sided layout how can  I stop ConTeXt from adding an empty
> page when a section ends.

Hi Elliot,

Does "\setuphead[chapter][before={\page[yes]}]" do what you want?

--Mike Bird

* Preventing page break
@ 2007-01-24  0:25 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2007-01-24  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

In my double sided layout how can  I stop ConTeXt from adding an empty
page when a section ends.

Thanks,

Elliot