* fatal error: there is no valid writable cache path defined
@ 2019-11-15 20:52 Damien Thiriet
From: Damien Thiriet @ 2019-11-15 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I solved the problem deleting the luametatex binaries (that
wheren't deleted during my reinstallation) and running
./install.sh once more.
Troubles may be connected with the experimental binaries.
Regards,

Damien Thiriet

* Re: fatal error: there is no valid writable cache path defined
@ 2019-11-16  9:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-11-16  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/15/2019 9:20 PM, Damien Thiriet wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I ran into trouble with caches. First I updated the new binaries
> and they compiled fine under OpenBSD6.6-amd64.
> Then I uploaded some binaries Hans asked me to test, moved this
> luametatex to /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-openbsd6.6-amd64/bin/,
> deleted files inside /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-cache (but not
> texmf-cache itself, since I understand whipe as cleaning inside it)
> and ran mtx-run --generate then context --auto.
> When I tried afterwards to compile those new binaries, I get this
> error
>
> This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.01.0
>
> resolvers       > caches > fatal error: there is no valid writable cache
> path defined
>
> Running mtx-run --generate on my user account did not solve the problem.
> I certainly did something wrong.
> I tried to revert to the standard lmtx binaries running install.sh
> but those errors are still here.
there has to be a texmf-cache path, you only wipe what is below that

Hans

* fatal error: there is no valid writable cache path defined
@ 2019-11-15 20:20 Damien Thiriet