Many thanks Wolfgang and Pablo. And, Hans, I have already included this example for the Cookbook (with the three differing solution), as you will see from the path name of the attached PDF :). Wolfgang, I just used your first solution, and it worked great. I don't know whether the mailing-list daemon will let through a PDF, but I am enclosing the current (almost final) version of the table place card (with my daughter's name). The figure to the left is an Apollonius Gasket of tangential circles made with MetaPost signifying all the family connections that each partner brings in creating a new union. The code is from Denis Roegel, who quickly responded when I was unable to piece together a working example from his 2005 TUGboat article: https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb26-1/tb82roegel.pdf I've resorted to layers with explicit positioning for now, as well as having to compile the MetaPost explicitly and then hand edit out all references to cmmr in the resulting PS, but at least I have a working template. If there are other suggestions to better optimize, I'm all ears. In particular I would like to place each name vertically centred in right one-third of the card, as well as using \startuseMPgraphic for direct compilation from ConTeXt. Many thanks for all the help. >>> SNIPPET <<< \startbuffer[tblcard] \strut \definelayer[tblplacecard] \setlayer[tblplacecard][x=-1em,y=1em]{% \externalfigure[figures/apollonius/apollonius.103][width=2.0in]} \switchtobodyfont[nameface] \setlayer[tblplacecard][x=10em,y=3.0em]% {\tfg\it\color[orangered]{Vidya}} \flushlayer[tblplacecard] \stopbuffer \starttext \setupcolors[state=start] %%% 1. Show the frame and layout information. \showframe %\showsetups %\showlayout \getbuffer[tblcard] \page \getbuffer[tblcard] \stoptext On 22Dec19, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > > \setuparranging[1*2-Conference] -- Pavneet Arora m: +1 647-406-6843 Waroc Informatik e: pavneet_arora@waroc.com