From: Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org>
Subject: Re:  Unicode 13 – save the \dodo!
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 12:57:33 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 10:47:46AM +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I’m aware, just joking around.

  It was hard to tell.

> But we get new emojis all the time but AFAIK there are still characters/glyphs or whole scripting systems missing.

  You do realise that it’s not the same people working on emoji and
ancient scripts, right?  The implication that “if they stopped adding so
many emojis they’d have more time for hieroglyphs instead” is
nonsensical.  More work is not suddenly going to be done on rare scripts
just because emojis are rejected.  If anything, it would probably be the
other way around.

> (Didn’t research: What’s the status of hieroglyphs and cuneiform?)

  Should I google that for you?

	https://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode12.0.0/ch11.pdf

  “Chapter 11: Cuneiform and Hieroglyphs”.  Since 2014!

	Best,

		Arthur