Hello, ** Yves Cloutier [2020-02-18 08:49:37 -0500]: > Hello, > I'm on linux and trying to add my fonts directories using > export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts > however when I do, I get the following message: > bash: /home/drifter/.fonts: Is a directory > I'm not what I'm doing wrong or why it's not liking this. Any pointers > would be appreciated. Use double quotes: export OSFONTDIR="/usr/share/fonts/;$HOME/.fonts" P.S. You may be interested to read bash scripting guide, but in short the semicolon is used in shell (bash, zsh) to separate two or more commands in a row, so your line was interpreted by a shell (I assume that it is bash) like 1 command: export OSFONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts 2 command: $HOME/.fonts so indeed the $HOME/.fonts is a directory. --- WBR, Vladimir Lomov -- If all else fails, lower your standards.