* Different behaviour of textcommand (setupcaption+startplacefigure)
@ 2020-03-29 17:55 Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2020-03-29 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I noticed the difference in behaviour of textcommand which depends
on the location: for top, bottom and page the \crlf (see MWE) is applied
while for the left and right not even if other values (\red, any-text)
are used as expecterd.

How could I activate the textcommand=\crlf for location=right?
(The line break appears only the width of the figure becomes too small.)

Tested with TL2019 and with version from Mar 6, 2020.

Best wishes,

Tomáš

%% MWE:

\starttext

\setupcaption[figure][textcommand=\crlf]
\startplacefigure[location=top,title=Cow]
  \externalfigure[cow.jpg][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\input knuth

\setupcaption[figure][textcommand=\crlf]
\startplacefigure[location=right,title=Cow]
  \externalfigure[cow.jpg][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\input knuth

\stoptext

* Re: Different behaviour of textcommand (setupcaption+startplacefigure)
@ 2020-03-29 18:24 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-03-29 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomas Hala schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 19:55:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the difference in behaviour of textcommand which depends
> on the location: for top, bottom and page the \crlf (see MWE) is applied
> while for the left and right not even if other values (\red, any-text)
> are used as expecterd.
>
> How could I activate the textcommand=\crlf for location=right?
> (The line break appears only the width of the figure becomes too small.)
>
> Tested with TL2019 and with version from Mar 6, 2020.

1. The cow figure is a PDF file.

2. Use the "spaceinbetween" key to add a break after the label + counter.

3. Captions use "width=fit" as default setting which produces a
horizontal box for your side float which ignores the \crlf command, when
you change the setting to "width=max" in combination with "align=middle"
the title start on a new line.

\setupexternalfigures
   [location=default]

\setupcaption
   [figure]
   [spaceinbetween=none,
             width=max,
             align=middle]

\starttext

\startplacefigure[location=top,title=Cow]
   \externalfigure[cow][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\samplefile{knuth}

\startplacefigure[location=right,title=Cow]
   \externalfigure[cow][height=4cm]
\stopplacefigure
\samplefile{knuth}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Different behaviour of textcommand (setupcaption+startplacefigure)
@ 2020-03-29 20:38   ` Tomas Hala
From: Tomas Hala @ 2020-03-29 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sun, Mar 29, 2020 ve 08:24:53PM +0200 Wolfgang Schuster napsal(a):
# Tomas Hala schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 19:55:
# >Hi all,
# >
# >I noticed the difference in behaviour of textcommand which depends
# >on the location: for top, bottom and page the \crlf (see MWE) is applied
# >while for the left and right not even if other values (\red, any-text)
# >are used as expecterd.
# >
# >How could I activate the textcommand=\crlf for location=right?
# >(The line break appears only the width of the figure becomes too small.)
# >
# >Tested with TL2019 and with version from Mar 6, 2020.
#
# 1. The cow figure is a PDF file.

Typo during cleaning the MWE, sorry.

# 2. Use the "spaceinbetween" key to add a break after the label + counter.

Unfortunately, spaceinbetween does not work with "right", too, I tried it before.

# 3. Captions use "width=fit" as default setting which produces a
# horizontal box for your side float which ignores the \crlf command,
# when you change the setting to "width=max" in combination with
# "align=middle" the title start on a new line.

Thank you for the explanation, now it is clear.
And for the piece of code, too.

Best wishes,

Tomáš

#